Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Thursday, January 10, 2019, 9:30 AM until 12:00 PM
SFO - Meet at the BART entrance on the departure level in International Terminal by Info Desk
Training - Education Event
As San Francisco tour guides, much potential work is at the airport doing meet and greets. You won't want to miss this training tour that will be conducted by our own specialist, Sunny LaGardo, certified in transportation. All aspects of handling arrivals and departures at SFO will include:
1) meeting guests in all four terminals, international's two exits as well as the domestic gates in international. Did you
know that several domestic airlines actually arrive in the international terminal? where would passengers be met?
where would luggage be picked up?
2) escorting passengers with luggage to vehicles at the curb and to buses in the courtyards.
3) keeping track of arrival times in all terminals with manifests by using Flight View/Google.
4) discussing what is required as a terminal lead, a courtyard position, and working in the holding area.
5) handling lost luggage and no-show passengers.
Minimum passengers: 15, Maximum: 30
As in most Guild tours, a $5 gratuity to the tour guide is expected.